Happy Friday! I am so excited for this weekend. Not only will be meeting friends for our monthly Book Club gathering- keep an eye out next week for the book and a review- but I will be celebrating a dear friends birthday! I love her and I love spending time with her, plus her parties- birthday or otherwise- always So. Much. Fun.
I knew for a while what I was going to get her as a gift, and when I went to go pick it up earlier this week, ended up buying a few different things. So, I thought I would do a Hull Post!
For those of you that don't know, Chapters is Canada's largest bookstore and in recent years have expanded their offering to include music, technology, home and decor items, toys, and lifestyle items. They really do have a little bit of everything and are one of my favourite stores!
So, what did I buy?
- Talking As Fast As i Can by Lauren Graham. I am a Gilmore Girls fan, I think Lauren Graham is hilarious, and I enjoyed her book Someday, Someday Maybe. Plus, I hear good things about this book, so I added it to my reading list...and bought myself a copy.
- Book of Longing by Leonard Cohen. Leonard Cohen is a great Canadian icon and well know musician and songwriter who died late in 2016. This is a book of his poetry, with accompanying drawings. My friend is a huge Leonard Cohen fan and I know she likes to read, so when I by chance saw this book, I knew I HAD to get it for her for her birthday.
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick. I feel like I've talked about this book a ton on the blog this month...but I love Anna Kendrick and I love this book! I got this book for Christmas, so I know how great and funny it is. I picked up a copy for a friend as a 'just because' gift.
- Insanely Delicious Sea Salted Caramels (not available online)...yes, that is the actual name! This are so, so, so good! I love caramel and I love sea salt...combine the two...OMG! I bought these for myself...we'll see how long they last!
- Draw, Doodle, Design (similar book). This is what I went in to buy! My friend is so creative and artistic. She loves to draw, doodle, and design...so this book is perfect for her! I gifted this same book to a sorority sister a while back and she loved it too; she actually leaves it on her coffee table, and all of her guests use it.
- Double Sided Coloured Pencils. How could I buy my friend the above book and not provide her with the tools to draw/doodle/design?! I thought these coloured pencils would go perfectly with the book.