I can't believe it's the second to last day of November already! This month, like most months this year, has just flown by! Before I update you on what I've been doing this month, I just have to share this video:
Oh man... after you have recovered from the amazing-ness that is Luke Bryan, read on to see what I've been up to this past month!
Once again, work dominated my life...but work also rewarded me with some pretty great opportunities. Besides the day to day office stuff, this month I:
- Attended the National Finals for Chartwell Senior Star (Canada's talent competition for people 65+)
- Hosted a Community Engagement Session; a chance for us to update our community partners on what we've been working on the past few months
- Attended the Chamber Awards, where we were nominated for two awards; Best Marketing Campaign (we lost to men in heels) and Best Fundraiser (we lost to real, live elephants)
- Did a presentation to local branch managers of one of our community partners
- Attended a Young Professionals Networking event, where I was the last to leave because I got talking to a Chef who has his own television show!
- Meetings: 1 staff, three committee, 4 department meetings, 6 community partner/sponsorship meetings, 1 potential volunteer meeting
- Networking Breakfast
Personally, I have been just as busy and have had a variety of fun things going on:
- Had dinner with my university roommate
- Went to an AHL hockey game
- Fundraiser for Big Brothers/Big Sisters (posting about the event is on my list of things to do!)
- Dinner with friends/former co-workers; including meeting one friends new baby!
- Dinner with my dad
- Bowling with Brock Alumni
- Brock Trivia Night in support of the United Way
- High School Alumni meeting
- Sorority meeting
- Peter Pan...it was a traditional Panto performance, so much fun and highly entertaining
December will be busy with work; handful of meetings already set, plus the staff Christmas lunch and finishing our CTV commercial. December is also the holiday season, which is always a busy time for everyone. December is also World Juniors (international hockey tournament)!!!! It's going to be a great month!
I also wanted to thank Sarah from Journeys of the Zoo for featuring me on her blog during the month of November!
One last thing...if you are looking for a unique gift, a gift for someone special (significant other, parent, sibling, etc) and/or a gift for the person who has everything, check out Datevitation! They are now shipping to Canada!