Sundried Tomato Pasta
The finished product!
- Pasta of choice
- Garlic- either gloves crushed or powder/seasoning
- Cayenne pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Sundried tomatoes
- SEE NOTES
- In a container, cover the bottom with olive oil
- Add sundried tomatoes
- Cover the container in parm cheese and garlic
- Add roughly two shakes of basil and cayenne pepper
- Seal container and shake, mixing the ingredients
- Let sit for at least 20 minutes
- Cook pasta as directed on the package
- Strain pasta and add sundried tomato mixture
- This recipe is from my sister. She made it one night for dinner and I just HAD to make it again.
- The amount of each ingredient used will depend on how many people you are serving.
- My sister says the longer you let the sundried tomato mix sit, the better. She recommends at least 20 minutes.
- I don't particularly like sundried tomato, so I just put in a very small handful.
- I didn't have any basil so I used parsley.
- I have this really great Italian herb and parm cheese seasoning, which is what I used in place of just plain parm cheese. I did have to add more parm cheese while I was eating it, but I also really like having parm on my pasta!
- Any kind of pepper can be used in place of cayenne pepper.
- I used fettuccine pasta, as it's my favourite, but my sister used fusilli pasta.